Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Top 5 Wednesday- Non-YA Books!

I do read a fair share of non-YA books. I actually never really read YA until a couple of years ago, but I really got into them more when I started watching Booktube. So here are 5 recommendations for non-YA books!
1) Carved in Bone by Jefferson Bass. Really, any of this Body Farm series. This is one of my favorite series ever. So far there are 8 books out (the 9th one is expected in 2015, I think) and I have only read the first 4 because I don't want them to be over! If you like CSI type plots, this is for you.

2) Close Your Eyes, Hold Hands by Chris Bohjalian. I just read and reviewed this book, my review can be found here. This book was touching, and dealt with some difficult subject matter. And the title...*sigh*...I'm not going to give it away. You need to read it to find out what the title is from.

3) Brain on Fire- My Month of Madness by Susannah Cahalan. It doesn't get more real than this- a memoir of someone who went through a psychiatric break and fully recovered, writing this book about her experience. Wow. This book grabbed me and held on for every page- I pretty much read this in one day. 

4) Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. This book was beautifully written and dealt with some difficult subject matter. Highly recommended.

5) The "Bones" series/ Temperance Brennan series by Kathy Reichs. I am not recommending these books because they have stellar writing or my breath was taken away by the beauty of the novel. These are just solidly written crime stories that I find majorly interesting and engrossing. 

And there we have it!! 5 non-YA recommendations! 

No comments:

Post a Comment