Sunday, October 19, 2014

My first read-a-thon- it's over!!

The Dewey's 24-hour Read-a-Thon is officially over...
I finished 2 books and got 23% of the way done with a third. I call that a success! And I won a door prize at Hour 24- woot!

End of Event Meme:

  1. Which hour was most daunting for you? Probably the last hour I participated, which was hour 15 I believe. I was tired, and knew I needed to get to sleep because my husband was going to be waking me up early!
  2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? Any of the books by Marcia Clark or Sue Grafton. High fantasy fans will probably like the first book I completed this year, City of Stairs by Robert Jackson Bennett.
  3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? It was my first read-a-thon, so I think it went well!
  4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? The blog was prompted updated every hour, the cheerleaders were great. 
  5. How many books did you read? I finished 2 that were partially read when the event started, and got 23% of the way through a 3rd.
  6. What were the names of the books you read? City of Stairs by Robert Jackson Bennett, Tabula Rasa by Kristen Lippert-Martin, Gabriel Finley and the Raven's Riddle by George Hagen
  7. Which book did you enjoy most? City of Stairs- I'm going to give fantasy another try because of this book!
  8. Which did you enjoy least? Even though I'm not not enjoying it, I would say Gabriel Finley- it's middle grade so sometimes it's hard for me to really get into it. But I am liking it so far!
  9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? n/a
  10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I will definitely be participating again as a reader!! I just hope it falls on a day that I have completely free to devote to reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment